5 Reasons Why Some Apps Sell So Well
Some Apps, you know, they just make it. Some don’t. It’s a common goal for every appreneur (entrepreneurs in the App business) to sell millions of copies of their Apps. Only some do and the rest don’t. What separates the top sellers from the bottom ones? Why is it that some Apps just sell so god damn well?
Here are the top 5 reasons why some Apps sell like hotcakes –
1. It’s All About The Concept – The most important thing that makes an App successful and different from the others is definitely the underlying concept that powers the App. Without the concept, no matter how good the design is, how much money you’ve spent on marketing or how many users have it on their phone, without the functionality, it is plain nothing. It will never ever sell.
Most people ask us, how do I know if the App’s concept is strong enough, and the common answer is – intuition. You definitely believe in the idea of the App. If you didn’t, you wouldn’t have built it in the first place.
You know it is worth something, and that is the whole reason the App even exists.
As Steve Jobs said, keep trying till you find it, don’t settle.
2. Good Design – Design plays a crucial role. Some Apps have absolutely a breath taking design, this makes you want to buy them instantly even if the App does something for which you already have another App. Users need new interfaces all the time.
Great developers have great App designs. To quote the famous quote by Steve Jobs that has been used so many times, “Design is not how it looks or feels, it is how it works”.
Good design should be consistent across websites, social media pages and of course, within the App.
3. Heavy Social Integration – To get more people talking about your App, you need to optimize the remarkable power of social media. Twitter and Facebook integration within any App is must in today’s scenario and is the only sure-shot way of being able to go viral.
For example, LogoQuiz, the #1 Free App on the App Store at the moment allows users to post questions like “Does anybody know which logo this is?” along with the tag #logoquiz. This is one reason that made the App viral.
4. Great Copywriting – For those unaware, Copywriting is the process of writing text that sells (for marketing purposes). For your App, it means the App title and the App description. To sell your App, you need to convince the user that your App is worth the buy.
To do so, the App description is the only way to attract the user via text. Make sure you write in a way that is elegant and most of all, sells. Your App title needs to be apt and keywords set with proper research to rank higher on iTunes search pages as well as Google search results.
5. Incredible Promotion – At last, the reason why some Apps sell so well is because of incredible promotion. With over 500,000 Apps in the App Store and counting, it is extremely hard for users to find the right App.
Anything that you invest in valuable promotion will have a good return. At the end of the day, you have to spend something to make something. It is just like gambling.
What do you think? What makes so Apps different? Let us know in the comments section below.