Warning: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/content/79/7902479/html/blog/wp-content/plugins/knowledgering-post-popularity-graph-tool/knowledgeringppgt-functions.php on line 24
Warning: max(): When only one parameter is given, it must be an array in /home/content/79/7902479/html/blog/wp-content/plugins/knowledgering-post-popularity-graph-tool/knowledgeringppgt-functions.php on line 25
Certain things need to be done before you launch your App so that it reaches users and you are all set for the exciting days ahead. Pre-launch marketing is absolutely important so that before you even set foot on the App Store, you should be able to generate buzz around your launch.
Before you make your App go live on the App Store, make sure you follow the below five pre-launch marketing techniques –
1. Build up Social Media Links – You know how all these experts talk about the importance of social media. Well, turns out that social media marketing is crucial to the success of your App. Before your App goes live on the App Store, make sure to have an official company account or a specific account for your App set up. You don’t need to setup a profile on all the possible sites. Just target the few important ones.
4. Google Plus
That’s it. Focus on just the above ones, and you should be all set up. The above mediums are the most widely used and should help you communicate the message and idea of your upcoming App to users.
2. Create a Website – A website is a home for your App. It is a place where potential customers would visit to learn more and gather more information about your App before they make a purchase. Make sure to have a website for your App ready that highlights the core features of your App. Add screenshots, videos, reviews and even a support page to build in trust in your users and lead them to make the purchase. AppVersal designs and develops complete App websites. Check it out here.
3. Collect Emails – Email marketing is the best form of pre-launch marketing. Try to build up a list of emails of people who are likely to be interested in your App. Get those people to opt-in to your list.
Here is how Face-Jack Me asks for user emails –
4. Research for Keywords – Keywords are very important. They affect the way in which your App will be ranked on the App Store and also on the web. It is a significant part of the App Store Optimization process and should progress gradually.
Before you make your App live on the App Store, do complete Keyword Research on your App niche. Use AppCode.es to monitor your competitors.
For example, if you are launching a brand new quotes App, type Quotes on AppCod.es to research for the keywords that your competition uses and then build upon it.
Always remember that you can only update your keywords list when you submit an update to your App. During that time, carefully analyze your competition along with your own ranking with tools like TopAppCharts.com and add new keywords over time.
5. Feature A Video Demo (Sneak Preview) – Did you notice the way in which Clear, the simple and intuitive to-do App from RealMac Software pulled off an incredible pre-marketing technique to go on to develop an incredible App which got featured in almost all of the major publications?
That is pre-marketing at its very best. So what Clear did was that they set up a beautifully designed webpage for the App which mentioned some of its features and just put a simple video at the center of the page.
The video was crisp and to the point. It had a person who was drinking coffee in the morning (as usual) and was running his fingers through this incredible new to-do App to manage the rest of his day. He was doing all of it seamlessly by just swiping, dragging and using simple gestures. Magically.
The App wasn’t live then but it gave a sneak preview of what it would be when it would come out. The RealMac Software team nailed it. The video got picked up by TechCrunch, TheNextWeb and so many leading publications. The day the App went live, users went crazy about it because the pre-marketing was so strong. They also had a sign up form on their site which asked users for their email address. Amazing, isn’t it?
Here is the video that made it large –
So there you go. Those are the most important techniques that are used to make App pre-launching a success. Let us know if you have any other techniques.